Scope 5 is a web-based software solution that helps organizations better manage their evolving sustainability programs to reduce environmental impact, resource consumption, associated costs, and risks.
What We Do
Sustainability program managers and consultants asked us for a powerful yet accessible data management solution.
The result is Scope 5, an adaptable web-based software solution for evolving sustainability programs.
Scope 5 provides a clear path to progress – from data capture to analysis and reporting – enabling organizations to continuously improve their sustainability efforts.
Streamline efforts to gather data into a centrally-accessible database in the cloud. More
- Data collection via streamlined manual entry, data upload from CSV files, or integration with existing systems.
- On-demand access to live, centralized data in the cloud improves collaboration between dispersed project team members.
- Open web services APIs allow 3rd party systems (such as accounting, ERP, energy management, and EH&S) to push or pull data.
Manage a wide range of sustainability-related data. More
- Scope 1-3 emissions sources, including energy, waste, water, travel, facilities operations raw materials, shipping, and airline travel.
- Supply chain sources.
- Social and other performance data (e.g. volunteerism, sustainability projects, HR data).
- Flexible range of self-defined custom metrics.
- Include international costs using integrated currency conversion.
- Capture data monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.
Convert data into “intelligence”. More
- Convert activity data to corresponding performance indicators (e.g. usage, cost, energy and greenhouse gas emissions).
- Generate intensity metrics, such as emissions per employee, emissions per square foot, dollars per product manufactured, as well as user-defined metrics.
- Identify trends and outliers that can represent opportunities for cost-saving and improving operational efficiency.
- Improve data integrity (accuracy, transparency).
- Identify missing or suspect data with the help of automatic alerts.
Communicate performance to stakeholders and meet reporting requirements. More
- Create custom dashboards for internal or public stakeholders.
- Generate reports that support common voluntary and mandatory reporting (e.g. GRI, TCR, CDP, surveys/scorecards, regulatory filings, ISO14001).
- Use flexible data filtering to increase report customization.
- Transparent audit trail, including calculations, notes and file attachments.
- Using one set of captured data, run a variety of reports using different emissions/energy conversion factor calculations (e.g. from different time frames, or different standards).
- Access current versions of common emissions/energy conversion factors (e.g. WRI, TCR) from Scope 5’s library, or create custom versions.
- Accommodate varied consumption units (e.g. gallons, liters and barrels).
Convert opportunities into action. More
- Set performance targets (e.g. cost, energy, Scopes 1-3) at different organizational levels.
- Monitor progress in real time.
- Compare goals and results across different organizational groups.
Improve sustainability and operational performance. More
- Operational costs.
- Regulatory, financial, legal, and market risks.
- Environmental and social impacts.
- Time and energy required of sustainability managers and green team members.
How We’re Different
Faced with the choice of unwieldy spreadsheets or the complexity and expense of big software, sustainability managers are looking for a more efficient, adaptable, and cost effective solution.
Scope 5, along with our customers and partners, are building the second wave of sustainability data management.
Remove hurdles that prevent prevent organizations from maximizing the value of their data. More
- Low total cost of ownership.
- Ease of setup and use with intuitive user interface.
- Streamlined transfer of historical data from spreadsheets to a central web-accessed database solution (SaaS).
- Immediate value without upfront IT consulting or investments.
Keep pace with changing requirements and opportunities. More
- Accomodate changing and expanding report requests with accurate, transparent data.
- Support the evolving scope of sustainability programs.
- Add new conversion factors to Scope 5′s library quickly and easily.
- Reconfigure Scope 5 without IT consulting.
Improve collaboration and performance of sustainability team members. More
- Encourage teams to participate and share best practices through a private admin discussion forum.
- Keep team members involved and on track with group messages and automatic alerts.
Bring sustainability data to life. More
- Create customized, graphic-rich dashboards and reports for stakeholders.
- Deliver performance results to multiple audiences with internal or public dashboards, customer surveys and scorecards, regulatory filings, and CSR reports.
Access Scope 5 anytime, anywhere via any Internet-connected web browser. More
- Launch efficiency – no set-up of hardware or software installation.
- Accessibility – securely log in to the software application and database from any web-enabled device.
- Flexibility – quickly and easily expand or reduce software services used.
- IT efficiency – no incremental hardware or software maintenance.
- Scope 5 uses industry standard security protocols. Download a copy of our security policy (PDF 89KB).